Putin Friend to the USA – level 3
Media reported that Russia directed cyber-attacks on Hillary Clinton’s election campaign, making US President Obama impose sanctions on Russia.
Thirty-five Russian diplomats in the USA were given 72 hours to leave the country, and American authorities seized two properties used by Russian intelligence services.
Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey Lavrov, called on Putin to expel 35 American diplomats from Moscow, but Putin’s response was that Russia wouldn’t stoop to America’s “level of irresponsible democracy”. Instead, Russia’s President would work to restore ties with the USA under President-elect Trump.
Difficult words: impose (put in place), sanction (a punishment or a rule), seize (officially take something from someone), stoop (lower one’s morals).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos