Pyramids are scanned – level 2
For the first time ever, people used scanning technology on the pyramids in the Middle East. The results are quite surprising.
The results show an anomaly in the 4,500-year-old Great Pyramid of Khufu. People built the pyramid from one type of material, but one stone radiates heat which is not normal. Scientists say that this has to mean something.
People call this project “Scan Pyramids” and the project aims to map the old structures as well as discover secret rooms.
Difficult words: anomaly (something not normal), radiate (to send out), aim (to plan).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news about the pyramids?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.