Radiation art in Japan – level 1
Here is news from Japan. A man collects things. These things are radioactive.
He measures the radiation. He shows the radiation in pictures. A university professor helps him
Some people call the man’s work art. The man says it is not art. It only shows radiation visually.
Difficult words: radioactive (it is a type of energy that has to do with decay and is not good for people and animals), measure (to find how much radiation there is), visually (in pictures).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like art?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.