Radiation at a children’s park – level 1
It is 2015. The Fukushima disaster was in 2011. That is four years ago. Some people are still afraid of radiation. They measure the radiation around their houses.
One man measures high radiation. He measures it at a children’s park. He tells people about it. Now the children’s park is closed.
This park is 155 miles (249 kilometres) from Fukushima. The radiation at the park is probably not from Fukushima.
Difficult words: disaster (something very bad, like an accident), radiation (a form of energy which is dangerous), measure (to find the amount/level of something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Does the Fukushima disaster worry you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.