Radioactive Water in Florida – level 1
This news is from Florida. A sinkhole opens up there. It opens up at a plant. The plant takes rock and changes it into fertiliser.
Radioactive water goes down the sinkhole. It is a lot of water. It is around 980,000 cubic metres.
The company says that the water does not get to people. People, however, are still afraid.
People test the water in this area four times this year. They must test it twice in 2018.
Difficult words: sinkhole (a space in the ground), plant (a place with some industry), company (a business, a firm).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.