Rapping Teacher – level 1
One teacher from Chile is special. He raps to his students. The students like it. It makes their studying more interesting.
The teacher is 26 years old. In the past, he rapped on city buses. He wanted to earn some money. His students found out. That’s how he started to rap for them.
The rapping teacher is a big hit at the school. What do you think? Will this be a popular teaching method?
Difficult words: rap (to rhyme or speak very quickly, kind of like singing), earn (make), find out (start to know about something), method (way of doing something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What creative techniques have you seen teachers use in the classroom to engage their students?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos