Rat scares people – level 1
Here is some news from New York. A person films a scary moment. It shows people on a subway. There is a rat on the train. The people panic.
They jump on their seats. They scream. Soon, a lot of people leave the train.
Difficult words: subway (underground train), panic (to be very scared), seat (place to sit), scream (to make a loud sound when you are scared).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you scared of rats?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.