Red pandas enjoy snow – level 3
Whilst the massive blizzard made parts of the US grind to a halt, in Millbrook New York, a group of red pandas braved the icy conditions and enjoyed a run in the snow.
On Tuesday at the Trevor Zoo, the adorable things can be seen venturing out together and frolicking among their snowy play pen.
The endangered red pandas are native to cool temperature bamboo forests in China and the foothills of the Himalayas.
The snowfall at the zoo is part of the blizzard that swept across the Northeastern United States on Tuesday. It closed schools, canceled thousands of flights and left residents in the hardest hit parts of Massachusetts and Connecticut digging out as much as two feet (61 centimetres) of snow.
Difficult words: blizzard (snowstorm), grind to a halt (to slow down and stop), brave (to suffer through something/to face something), adorable (when something fills you with love), venture out (to go out), frolic (to play/to move cheerfully), play pen (an enclosed area for animals or children to play), foothill (a low hill at the base of a mountain).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.