Reindeer in Finland – level 1
Reindeer live in Finland. They walk freely. This is a problem. They can walk into roads. Around 4,000 animals die every year from cars.
People try to solve this problem. They make a new app. When you see a reindeer, you touch your phone. You tell the phone that there is a reindeer. The app makes a warning zone. If somebody drives into the zone, the phone warns him or her.
The project is already running. One thousand people have the app. There are 100 fewer accidents in 6 months.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.