Replica of the Titanic – level 1
The Titanic is a ship. People finish working on it in 1912. It leaves from England. It is going to the USA, but it hits an iceberg. The ship sinks. Around 1,500 people die.
A Chinese firm is building a model of the Titanic. The model is as big as the original Titanic. It can simulate the sinking, too.
The model is not cheap. It costs 1 billion yuan (around $146 million). People can visit it in 2017.
Difficult words: iceberg (a big piece of ice in the water), sink (go down), firm (a business).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.