Reporter in Iraq – level 1
This happens in Iraq. A Kurdish reporter goes on a bridge. He wants to talk to men of the Islamic State. Their territory is on the other side of the bridge. The reporter stops in the middle of the bridge. He puts his hands up. The men can see that he does not have a gun.
Difficult words: reporter (person who works for a TV station), territory (area).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is there a way of improving the situation in the Middle East?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.