Risks of Technology – level 3
A new pop-up exhibition in London explores the modern digital age, especially the dark side of our digital lifestyles.
‘The Glass Room’ contains 40 individual artworks that explore the future of the big data economy. There are interactive works like a facial recognition system which attempts to best-match your face to an online database and tries to read your emotional state.
The staff there will not try to sell you any tech products, but people will give you tips on data privacy. All of this is designed to show how easily our personal data can be collected. Approximately 10,000 people visited the pop-up when it appeared in New York last year.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.