Robbery in Paris – level 1
This news is from Paris. A car crashes into a shop. It is a 4×4 car. Thieves get out of the car. They go into the shop. They steal things. They take purses. The purses cost thousands of pounds.
The thieves set the car on fire. They drive away on scooters. Police have the car. They study it.
This is not the first robbery like this in Paris. This happens in London, too.
Difficult words: thief (a person who steals/takes things), purse (a woman’s bag for money), robbery (robbing a place – stealing/taking things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.