Robbery in Santiago – level 3
Three individuals aged 16, 17, and 20 entered a watch shop in Greater Santiago at midday, threatening staff and robbing several items. They went on to attack a woman and steal her car.
Later, the woman anonymously told the local media that she did not want to give them her car and even kicked them twice. They punched her and she gave up when they showed her that they had a gun.
The incident continued on the road with police chasing the stolen car. One police officer filmed as police surrounded the armed robbers. The police eventually managed to stop the vehicle and arrest the suspects, but only after one of them was shot.
Difficult words: Greater (including nearby areas), chase (try to catch), armed (having a gun), suspect (=perpetrator – a person who did a crime).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the possible consequences of the actions of the three individuals?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos