Robot fixes railway wires – level 1
Japanese workers use a special robot. It helps fix railway lines.
The robot is very big. It can lift things of up to 40 kilograms. It can reach as high as ten meters. The robot does difficult or dangerous work for people.
Workers sometimes fall when they fix railway lines. Also, electricity can kill them. The robot helps solve these problems. It saves work, too.
The robot is on a crane. It has two hands. A person controls the robot with a remote control and a VR headset.
Now, the robot helps only in a few places in Japan. In the near future, it will help in many places. It will help in other countries, too.
Difficult words: railway line (the metal tracks that trains move on), crane (a tall machine which moves big objects), VR headset (special glasses or a device which show virtual reality).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos