Robot goes to school – level 2
A 7-year-old German boy cannot go to school, but he can still see what is happening there, and he can talk to his friends.
The boy named Joshua is very sick, and he wears a tube in his neck. A special robot sits in Joshua’s place in class, and he talks with the others for the boy. When Joshua wants to say something, he sends a signal to the robot, which has a light on its head. The light starts to blink, and the teacher knows that Joshua is going to say something.
A local council in Berlin paid for the robot, and it has happened before. Sometimes, children cannot go to classes, so such robots help them be a part of the school, and be in contact with their friends.
Difficult words: signal (a thing which shows that something is happening), blink (to go on and off or shine with a light which goes on and off), council (a formal group of people who solve the problems of a city).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.