Robot saves grain – level 2
Farmers are using a special robot that goes through their grain. Farmers store grain in special towers, and the work is very demanding.
If the grain gets wet, it gets warmer. More bugs come, and dangerous fungi start to grow in the grain. It is not possible to use such grain for food, and it means a big loss for farmers. Reports say that farmers all over the world must throw away around 630 million tons of grain.
The robot could change this problem. It moves through the grain, and its little sensor checks the temperature and moisture of the grain. It sends information to a farmer’s phone, and he immediately knows if everything is okay.
Difficult words: demanding (a task which requires a lot of time and energy), fungus (a special living thing that gets its food from old food or other living things), moisture (how wet something is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos