Robots and US economy – level 1
Companies use more and more robots. In the US, companies buy more robots than last year. Robots make people’s work easier. They work faster. They do tasks which are too hard for people.
In the past, robots work mainly in the car business. The situation changes during the coronavirus. Many workers stay at home. Companies don’t have enough workers.
Companies buy robots. Now many robots work for e-commerce companies. They can move packages quickly and easily.
Companies want to use even more robots. People must control them. They need more people. Before companies buy more robots, workers must learn about them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.