Robots help children – level 2
There are special robots which help children with autism. Autism is a disorder which makes it very difficult for a person to communicate with other people. Also, a person with autism does not understand many social situations.
People with autism need structure in life and they do not understand quick changes. Robots can make the lives of these people easier. Children between 3 and 18 years learn to solve conflicts through role play. Role play means that they play a role of somebody else in some situations. This way children learn how to behave in real life.
More than 1,200 children used the robots since 2015 and the result is great. The parents are happy because most children can communicate better. They even ask other people simple questions which is something what they could not do in the past.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.