Rohingya Refugees – level 1
People in Myanmar are killing Rohingya people. Thousands of the Rohingya are now fleeing Myanmar. They are moving to Bangladesh. A drone films them.
From August until now, 500,000 Rohingya move to Bangladesh. This is a big refugee emergency.
Difficult words: flee (run away), refugee (people who are leaving their homes because of danger), emergency (a dangerous situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos