Rolling Stones drummer dies – level 1
Charlie Watts is born in London, UK, in 1941. Watts joins the band the Rolling Stones in 1963. He is a drummer. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Brian Jones are in the band with Watts.
They do not have much experience. They are a new band. Everything changes when Watts comes. Watts is a great drummer. Many people say that he is one of the best drummers in the world.
The Rolling Stones become very popular. It is interesting that Watts never goes to music school. He learns to play drums by himself. He learns when he watches other drummers play.
Recently, the Rolling Stones plan a US tour. Watts says that he will not join the band. He has to get better from a surgery. He dies a few weeks later.
Difficult words: join (to become a part of), band (a group of musicians who play together at concerts), experience (when you know how to do something because you do it many times), tour (when artists travel to show their work or music to other people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.