Rope skipping records – level 1
This news is about rope skipping. A Chinese schoolboy sets two new world records with rope skipping. He jumps 108 times in 30 seconds and 548 times in three minutes.
The boy is really fast – it is not easy to count his skips. Organisers of rope skipping film the boy, and they later watch the video again in slow motion.
The boy tells people how to be good at rope skipping. You must move the rope very fast, and you must not move your upper body.
Difficult words: rope (a long piece of fabric; a line), skip (to jump), slow motion (when a video plays slowly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like rope skipping?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.