Roses of Peace – level 2
Britain and Argentina fought in the Falkland Islands War in 1982. This news is about an Argentinian goldsmith who is on a peace mission.
People gave him pistols, bullets, and even parts of airplanes from the war. He fused both the Argentinian and British metals together, and he created metal roses from the new metal. He calls his project the Two Roses of Peace.
People also know him from making articles for presidents or Pope Francis.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.