Ross Sea Marine Park – level 1
In Tasmania, representatives from the EU, USA, Russia and China meet. They create a marine park. People must not catch fish in the park.
It is the biggest marine park in the world. It is in the Ross Sea in the Antarctic. It covers 12% of the southern ocean. That is 1.1 million square kilometres.
This is a historic moment. It helps animals a lot. People are happy about the park.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.