Royal baby girl – level 1
Princess Kate is married to Prince William. She has a boy with him. She is going to have a girl. She goes to hospital. A lot of people want to know what is happening. The police guard the hospital.
She has the baby a few hours later. The girl weighs 3.71 kilograms. She can be a queen. But she has to wait. Kate and William did not give her a name yet.
The event is special. The Royal Family and the fans are happy. The fans even danced and sang!
Difficult words: guard (to make something safe), weigh (how heavy something is), sang (past of “sing”).
What do you think about the second royal baby?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.