Rugby at the North Pole – level 2
A group of rugby players hopes to raise 300,000 pounds for a children’s charity, so they travelled to the North Pole.
They walked across 161 kilometres of sea ice to set an unusual world record. They played the first ever rugby sevens match at the North Pole.
Difficult words: raise (to make and to give away for a good cause), sevens (seven-a-side; each team has seven players).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you play rugby? Do you watch it on TV?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos