Runners and Coronavirus – level 1
People like to run outside. However, they are afraid of the coronavirus. People do not know if it is safe to run outside.
Health experts think that running outside is safe. Experts recommend people to be careful and responsible. People must stay at home if they do not feel good. It is important to wear a face mask if there are a lot of other people outside. The mask helps stop the virus.
The risk that runners get the coronavirus from each other is small. The wind around people moves when they run. The wind takes the virus away.
Experts say that the sun kills the coronavirus. It is safer to be outside when it is sunny.
Difficult words: recommend (to say a good idea to do something), careful (when someone does not want to make a mistake), responsible (when someone thinks of the risks that can happen), risk (how possible something good or bad can happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos