Russia attacks Ukrainian cities – level 1
In 2014, Russia takes Ukrainian Crimea by force. Russia builds a bridge. The bridge links Crimea and Russia. It opens in 2018. Last weekend, an explosion breaks the bridge.
The Russian president says that Ukraine causes the explosion. Two days later, Russia attacks several Ukrainian cities. Russian rockets hit for Kyiv, Lviv, and Kharkiv. They hit roads, parks, bridges, a power plant, and other important buildings.
In Kyiv, the attack happens in the morning. Many people and cars are in the streets. In Lviv, rockets explode near cables. They bring electricity to the city.
The Ukrainian president says Russia wants to hurt people. At least 70 rockets hit the cities. 11 people die.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.