Russian Apple Watch – level 2
A Russian luxury jewellery brand launched something special for Russian patriots – a customised Apple Watch. They can choose from three different models.
Each model is about Russia’s important times – the Russian Empire, The Soviet Union, and the current times. People chose one symbol of these times for each watch.
The watch about the current times shows the panorama of Moscow, the name of President Putin and his signature. The brand says that Vladimir Putin is a symbol of a strong country, so it uses his image.
Last year, the company sold a special edition customised iPhone with the image of the president’s face.
Difficult words: brand (a type of product by a company), launch (to start selling something), customised (made special, individual).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like this watch?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.