Samsung’s profit – level 1
Samsung Electronics is a big company.
Its profit for the third quarter is not as bad as experts expect. The memory chip market is in trouble. But things are starting to get better. Samsung’s shares go up by 3.3%. It is better than the wider market’s 1.4% increase.
Samsung believes that its profit from July to September will be about 1.7 billion dollars. It is much less than last year. But it is still better than what most experts think.
An expert says that things are looking good. The chip business is not great right now, but it will get better in the future.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact has the current memory chip market had on other industries?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.