Santa Claus arrests – level 1
Santa Claus visits people at Christmas. Sometimes he gives naughty children coal. This time nobody gets coal.
A man from an anti-drug unit goes to a house. He looks like Santa Claus. He has a big belly and a comical mask.
There are drug dealers in the house. Santa Claus arrests four of them. The policemen find 4564 small cocaine packages. They take the packages from the dealers.
All of this happens in Peru. It is now one of the biggest cocaine producers in the world.
Difficult words: naughty (bad), coal (a black stone used for heating), arrest (put into prison).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.