Santa Claus arrests – level 3
The police made an arrest in Peru. One of them looked like Santa dealing with who has been naughty or nice this year, but instead of getting a lump of coal, people were arrested.
A man from undercover anti-drug units was dressed as Father Christmas when the police made a raid into a suspected drug house in Peru. The officer was in a full Santa Claus costume, including a stuffed belly and a comical mask. Police arrested at least four alleged drug traffickers and seized 4564 cocaine paste wrappings from three houses.
Peru is tied with Columbia as one of the world’s top cocaine producers. This was one way to deal with the problem.
Difficult words: lump (a piece of something), raid (a quick surprise attack), alleged (supposed), trafficker (a dealer), seize (officially take).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.