Saturn’s moon Mimas – level 1
Scientists study Saturn’s moon. Its name is Mimas. It is 400 miles in diameter. The experts say that the moon is special. Something is not normal there.
There are two reasons for this. The moon’s core is either like a rugby ball, or it has an ocean inside.
Difficult words: diameter (line from side to side of a circle), core (the middle), either…or (there are only two options).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.