Saturn’s moon Mimas – level 2
Scientists have some new information about Saturn’s icy moon Mimas. The moon is 400 miles in diameter. The experts studied it and came to the conclusion that something “isn’t right”.
There are actually two possibilities for this. Either the moon’s core is shaped like a rugby ball, or it contains a liquid water ocean.
Difficult words: diameter (line from side to side of the circle), conclusion (result), core (the part which is in the middle).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.