Saving Endangered Turtles – level 1
Many green sea turtles swim to an island. The island is in Australia. The turtles lay their eggs. There is a problem. The sea is rising. The eggs are in danger.
A sea turtle can lay 100 eggs at a time. However, the water can cover the eggs. The babies inside the eggs will not grow.
People want to keep the eggs safe. They change part of the island’s beach. They make it taller. It costs money, but the turtles are safe.
Difficult words: lay (put in the ground), rise (go up).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos