Saving Endangered Turtles – level 2
Tens of thousands of green sea turtles come to an island in Australia to lay their eggs. People think that the island is the biggest nesting site in the world. However, rising sea levels are threatening the island.
One expert explained that when a sea turtle mum lays 100 eggs, the water will probably flood the eggs during the next high tide. The babies will probably not develop.
To create space and protect the eggs, people reshaped and raised 150 metres of the island’s beach.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.