Say hello to hoverbikes – level 2
A dedicated team of engineers is working on something really cool. It is a hoverbike which might be flying near you soon.
The creator of the hoverbike can fly a helicopter. When he got his license, he realised helicopters are very complex machines. He wanted to make a safer and less complex machine. That is how he came up with the idea of the hoverbike.
His team is testing a smaller version of the hoverbike. It can fly up to 45 miles per hour (72 kph).
Difficult words: dedicated (a dedicated person works hard), realise (begin to understand something), complex (complicated).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Would you like to have a hoverbike?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos