Sean Connery Dies – level 1
The Scottish actor Sean Connery dies. He is 90 years old. Connery lives in the Scottish capital, Edinburgh, as a child. His family is very poor. Connery has a job. But the job is not good. Connery has little money.
Connery’s hobby is bodybuilding. Bodybuilding brings him to film. Connery plays the British agent James Bond. James Bond is charming. He has dry humor. This means that when he jokes, it is not very obvious.
The role makes Connery an international star. Other actors play James Bond after Sean Connery. They try to be as good as Connery.
Connery plays many other roles. He is a great actor. He gets an award for his role in ’The Untouchables’ in 1987.
Connery loves Scotland. He wants Scotland to become independent of Britain. He gets the title of knight in 2000. It means that he uses the title ’sir’ before his name.
Difficult words: bodybuilding (special exercises that make your muscles bigger), charming (pleasant and good-looking), humor (how funny something or someone is), independent (when a country has its own government and it is not under control of another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos