Seizures and Vaping – level 1
An American government organisation has 35 reports from 2010–2019. These reports show that people have seizures after they use e-cigarettes.
The organisation is worried. It wants to know more. It asks people to give more information. They can put the problems on its website.
Young people are in many of the reports. It is not obvious if vaping makes the seizures happen. However, cigarettes or e-cigarettes can make seizures happen. They have nicotine in them which can cause seizures. Nicotine is a chemical.
Difficult words: government (the group of people who are the leaders/bosses of a country), seizure (when your brain suddenly stops working correctly), vape (smoke an e-cigarette).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos