Self-tying shoes are here – level 2
Nike introduced the very first self-tying shoe. You just take the shoe, put it on, and when your heel is in, the shoe automatically adjusts to a comfortable fit. There are also two more buttons, which let you adjust the fit.
Nike didn’t say how much the shoes are going to cost, but these shoes can really take you to the future. Soon, you may not need to get down to tie your shoe laces.
There is a battery inside the shoe, which will last for around 2 weeks.
Difficult words: self-tying (the shoe ties itself), adjust (to set), laces (the little ropes in your shoe to tighten the shoe).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you want self-tying shoes?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.