Seven New Planets – level 3
NASA and a Belgian-led research team announced the discovery of seven earth-sized planets orbiting a nearby star. The cluster of planets is 40 light years away in the constellation Aquarius.
The cluster circles tightly around a dim dwarf star called TRAPPIST-1, which is barely the size of Jupiter. Three of the planets are in the so-called habitable zone where water and possibly life might exist, but people must study their atmospheres first to determine whether the planets could support some form of life.
Difficult words: cluster (a group), dim (not shining brightly), dwarf star (a small star), habitable (suitable for life).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.