Shark attack in Australia – level 1
A woman swims with her friends. She gets separated from the group. The group sees a shark. They swim to shore. The shark is three or four metres big.
The 63 year-old woman is missing. She is maybe attacked by the shark. People find parts of a body. We don’t know if the parts are the woman’s body. Police look for the woman.
Difficult words: separate (get away), shore (where land meets sea), be missing (nobody knows where the woman is).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you scared of sharks?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.