Sharks in an Aquarium – level 3
Visitors at a South Korean aquarium watched in amazement at a shark swimming in a tank with another shark’s tail hanging out of its mouth.
While sharks do not tend to eat others of the same species when they are in captivity and they have regular feeds, experts at the aquarium said that sharks have their own territory, and when they occasionally bump against each other, they bite out of astonishment.
The smaller shark which fell prey to its bigger counterpart was a banded hound shark. The bigger beast was a sand tiger shark.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about what happened to the shark?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.