Sheep and Faces – level 1
There is new research. People from Cambridge University carry it out. The people study 8 sheep. They teach them to identify the faces of four people. In the end, the sheep identify the people 8 times out of 10.
This is important research. It shows that sheep can identify faces. They are like people or monkeys.
Difficult words: research (study, experiment to find out if something is true), carry out (do), identify (to know how somebody looks).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos