Sheep and Faces – level 2
Researchers from Cambridge University trained eight female mountain sheep to identify faces. For their study, they chose the faces of Barack Obama, actress Emma Watson, actor Jake Gyllenhaal, and BBC newsreader Fiona Bruce.
The animals eventually managed to identify the familiar faces eight times out of every 10. The professor who led the study said that this shows that sheep can identify faces like people and monkeys.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.