Sheep make a heart – level 1
Ben Jackson is a farmer. He lives in Australia. His aunt Deb dies. Jackson cannot go to her funeral. He lives 400 kilometers away. People cannot travel so far during the coronavirus.
Jackson feeds his sheep. Then he gets an idea. He puts grains in the field. He makes a heart from the grains. He lets the sheep in the field. The animals make a heart.
Jackson flies a drone. He makes a video. He sends the video to other people from his family. It is a special way to say goodbye.
Many families have similar problems during the coronavirus. They cannot go to family events. They are very sad. Jackson is happy that he says goodbye to his aunt.
Difficult words: funeral (when somebody dies and his family and friends meet, and they say goodbye to him), grain (small seeds which people put in the ground, and they grow plants from them in fields), drone (a small vehicle that you control from far away, and it can drive, fly, or take pictures and videos).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos