Sheep under the Eiffel Tower – level 2
Since 1993, wolves attacked around 8,000 sheep in France. The population of wolves has been growing because a law protects them. The number of attacks is growing as well.
French farmers are unhappy about this, and they organise an unusual protest. They unleash their sheep under the Eiffel Tower. They want the government to know about their problem, and they want a permission to control the population of wolves.
One farmer brought a lamb to the Parisian square. He said that it lost its mother that day – a wolf killed her.
Difficult words: unleash (release), permission (if you have a permission to do something, you can do it), lamb (a young sheep).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Control the population of wolves? Yes or no?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.