Shocking advertisement – level 1
Northern Ireland wants to protect its children. Too many children die because people drive too fast there. People show a shocking advertisement on TV.
It is a minute-long video. It starts in a classroom. The classroom is full of children. They go on a school trip. At the same time, a man gets in his car.
Then the children are in a park. They are playing. The man loses control of his car. He hits a wall. The car goes through the wall. The children are behind it. The car kills the children.
Difficult words: protect (make more safe), shocking (surprising or scary), advertisement (short video on TV which makes you buy something or think about something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can an advertisement like this change anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.