Shrimp in China – level 1
This news is from China. There is a dry place there. It rains very little. However, it rains a lot recently. Now, the area is flooded.
The water is good for an animal that lives there. It is a shrimp. It has eggs in the ground. The eggs hatches. This animal is 200 million years old. It eats smaller animals. It lives only 90 days, and it lays eggs. These eggs can wait for water for 25 years.
There are not many of these shrimps in China. There are a lot of them in California.
Difficult words: dry (without water), flooded (covered with water), hatch (get out of the egg).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like shrimp?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.