Singapore expats live together – level 1
An expat is someone who lives in another country than his own. Many expats live in Singapore. They rent apartments. Their situation changes during the coronavirus.
Expats worry about work. They do not have enough money to live. They start to live together.
They rent a room. They share a kitchen. This is called co-living. People rent a room for only a few months. It is better than renting an apartment.
Now co-living is becoming more popular in Singapore. It is interesting that co-living starts during the coronavirus. The government has a good plan on how to stop the coronavirus. People are not afraid to live together.
Difficult words: rent (to pay somebody to live in their apartment or house), share (when many people use one thing), popular (something that many people like).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos